COMMUNITY & EDUCATION
Throughout her artistic career Catherine has amassed substantial experience of work on community and/ or learning disability arts projects. These have included:
- Three years as a performer and sign language interpreter with Theatre of the Deaf in Sydney, Australia
- Performance and co-direction of over a dozen large-scale, fully inclusive community performance projects in collaboration with benchtours and Blue Apple Theatre
- Running youth theatre and learning disability arts projects for major theatres including The Brunton Theatre, Musselburgh, The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen, The Royal Lyceum, Edinburgh and Dundee Rep
- Teaching courses to students at The Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, Telford College and Dundee College
- The co-ordination of community involvement in Scotland’s Homecoming in 2009 and Assistant Direction of community involvement for Edinburgh Puppet Lab’s ‘Big Man Walking’ project
- Team member of InterAct Stroke Support which is dedicated to supporting stroke recovery by using professional actors to deliver hospital readings and community projects.
Catherine’s other skills include:
Languages: French (fluent), BSL & AUSLAN (British & Australian sign language); Singing (mezzo soprano), trumpet (basic).